Looking to gain CRICOS registration? Let JCT Business Solutions assist you with the application process.
CRICOS is the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students. All education and training institutions that provide courses to overseas students with a student visa must register with CRICOS.
Generally the period of CRICOS registration is for up to five years, and is based on a provider’s risk rating and its period of RTO registration. Applications for initial CRICOS registration must be made on the Application for initial CRICOS registration’ form.
The application should be read in conjunction with:
- The Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000 (ESOS Act)
- Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Regulations 2001
- The National Code of Practice for Registration Authorities and Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2007 (National Code)
- The National Code of Practice 2007 Explanatory Guide
- The National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011 and
- National Standards for ELICOS Providers and Courses (ELICOS Standards)
In addition, to gain registration to deliver to overseas students, an organisation needs to have the qualifications/courses it wishes to deliver to overseas students on its scope of registration.
Application—Initial CRICOS registration
Preparing an application
Applicants must undertake extensive and detailed preparation before submitting an application for registration as a CRICOS provider.
CRICOS providers can only operate from premises that have relevant planning approvals from their local council. Contact your local council early in the planning process to obtain detailed information on achieving local planning approval.
Lack of appropriate planning approval may impact on an organisation’s ability to conduct business from their premises, and also invalidate insurance cover.
Evidence of this approval should be in the form of a Certificate of Occupancy (or equivalent name as applied in each state and territory) that must be attached to the application for initial CRICOS registration.
Application form and guide
Applications for initial CRICOS registration must be made on the Application for initial CRICOS registration form available from ASQA under Forms. Read the application form, together with the Application guide—Application for initial CRICOS registration in detail to ensure that you have provided the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) with the information required.
Submitting your application
Applicants must pay a non-refundable fee when applying for initial CRICOS registration. See ASQA’s Schedule of fees and charges for further information. Fees can be paid by filling out the credit card information section on the last page of the form, or by cheque (personal, business or bank).
When the application form is complete, post it to ASQA, together with any supporting evidence requested and the fee. Alternatively, submit the application (including any scanned attachments required) by email, to email@example.com.
Whatever your CRICOS project, you will benefit from JCT Business Solutions experience and:
- One-on-one support, with expert advice
- Access to all necessary templates
- A customised international student document system inclusive of policies and procedures, and handbooks
- Tailored strategies to meet all standards for registered providers
- On-going assistance if required